Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Welcome to my new blog: reneesews

Hi, it's Renee here.  Please read "About me"on my face page.  This is my first entry.  I'm presently working on several things at once.  typical for me!  Let me tell you about some of my ongoing projects.  Starting with my esty shop,I will be uploading lots of items In the next coming months,so be sure to check into etsy---my shop is reneesews.  I am presently working on some really special baby quilts,one in particular is a favorite,let me tell ya about it.  First off it's bursting with great colors----red,pink,some greens and hints of blue.  It has a vintage/retro feel,with that pop of a modern twist.  I've incorporated some muslin blocks to keep it with an organic feel.  On these muslin blocks I've added machine embroidered words of endearment, including sweet,baby,joy,giggle---etc....
I'm just loving this quilt.  Needs some finishing touchs ,like machine quilting it!  I also made a charming pillow to match!
project number two--- After doing a craft/art fair for my local historical society.  I became real interested in volunteering for this really wonderful group who work hard to preserve our local history.   At present I am working on making curtains and draperies for the historic Meiser Homestead.  I'm also interested researching the textile history of my community.  I will keep you posted, as I acquire information that I believe would interest  visitors to my blog.
Happy stitching,
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment