Sunday, March 31, 2013

Victorian tea

Hi Everyone,
Hope all shared wonderful Passover and Easter holidays with those they love and cherish!   After what seemed like a long winter, I wish all a renewed, refreshed, and inspiring spring!

As I have mentioned in the past, I have become involved with my local historical society:  Wappingers Historical Society- in Wapppingers Falls, NY
The society is dedicated to preserving our local history, which includes Mesier Park and Homestead Museum located in the village of Wappingers falls, New York.
I have become involved on several levels:  Sewing draperies/curtains for the Homestead Museum, and attending training for educational tours.
I am also pleased to announce that several of my handmade items will be represented for sale in the museum gift shop.  Items for sale have historical significance to the history of the homestead and surrounding communities.  Also for sale are wonderful prints And books, many by local artists/authors.
opening day for the season will be April 14th 2013---- be sure to mark your calendars!
The new museum Exhibit: The History Of The Dutchess Bleachery ---- is a fascinating historical time-line of how the small village of Wappingers Falls, played such an important role in textile history and manufacturing.
Please check out the website: www.Wappingershistoricalsociety.org

1 comment:

  1. This sounds interesting! Fun day trip for the DH and me. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete